An endodontist, is a dentist with specialized training and experience in performing root canal treatment and preserving natural teeth.
Why is an endodontist different from a general dentist?
An endodontist has two or more years of advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of issues involving your tooth roots and connected tissues. Unlike our general dentist in 21001 who provides a wide range of services, our office specializes in endodontic treatments exclusively. An endodontist is an expert in root canal therapy, dental trauma, endodontic surgery, and similar treatments.
When should I see an endodontist?
You may want to see an endodontist for a variety of reasons. Some of these include:
- Being referred by your general dentist for endodontic treatment
- Wanting a second opinion on a tooth that was recommended for extraction
- Trauma affecting your tooth root
- Root canal treatment recommended by your dentist
- You have a painful and/or infected tooth
An endodontics office is equipped with advanced technology for your comfort and high-quality treatment. If you have had dental trauma, are experiencing tooth pain, have been advised to have root canal treatment, or would like to see if a tooth can be saved, contact our dental office in Aberdeen, MD to get a referral.